The main goal of COG-LO is to create the framework and tools that will add cognition and collaboration features to future logistics processes by:
- Introducing the Cognitive Logistics Object (CLO) by adding cognitive behavior to all involved Logistics actors and processes;
- Developing the environment that will allow CLOs to exchange information through ad-hoc social secure networks.
The main objectives of COG-LO are:
- Definition of a Future Cognitive Logistics Objects reference implementation model that supports cognitive logistics behaviour;
- Design and develop the necessary analytics and cognitive tools that enable complex event detection, context awareness and multi-criteria decision support.
- To design and develop the collaboration platform based on hybrid ad-hoc social networks of CLOs.
- To design and develop the COG-LO tools (Cognitive Advisor, which realizes the cognitive behavior of CLO based on the reference implementation model, and Tweeting CLOs, allowing CLOs to exchange information in ad-hoc Social IoT networks);
- To evaluate the COG-LO results via intermodal, cross-country and urban logistics pilot operations.
- To introduce new business models for ad-hoc collaborations affecting all logistics stakeholders and create a community of Logistics, ICT and urban environment stakeholders.
The consortium is led by CNIT and consists of 14 partners from 8 countries.
Project portal: http://www.cog-lo.eu/
Budget: 350000 €
Funding: EU H2020
Duration: 3 years (2018-2021)
Research Area: Internet of Things
Principal Investigator: Luigi Atzori